5 thoughts on “June 24, 2018

  1. “Divided Highway” looks sign looks similar to the “Contraflow” sign in the UK Highway Code. Not sure of the purpose is the same.

    • I’m curious to know if it is. The US sign means that after this point the highway has a median barrier separating the two directions of traffic. If there is no barrier (so that westbound vehicles can pull out into the eastbound lanes for overtaking, say) the sign would be “Two Way Traffic” or a variant. The term “Contraflow” is just ambiguous enough that I’m not sure which it is!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.